Greetings to our brothers and sisters in Christ. The elders are announcing our next phase of changes as we continue to work our way toward our regular schedule of worship services and Bible Classes. As the fall quarter begins in September, we will continue our morning worship services as before with a mask-required service and a mask-recommended service. We will also begin meeting in person for all remaining worship services and Bible classes. We will continue all safety protocols, which includes staying home if you are not feeling well, using hand sanitizer, physical distancing of at least six feet, and mandatory mask wear with a few exceptions. The details of this next phase are below.
Beginning Sunday, September 6, we will have morning worship services at 8:15 AM (mask-required) and 10:30 AM (mask-recommended) with Bible classes at 9:30 AM for all ages.
For our Sunday evening worship service at 5:00 PM, our Wednesday evening devotional at 7:00 PM, and all Bible classes in the auditorium we have identified areas, one mask-required (Trousdale side) and the other mask-recommended (Timberhill side) clearly designated with signs.
Beginning Wednesday, September 2, and using the designated areas of the auditorium as previously described, we are offering a 5:15 PM adult Bible class and 7:00 PM devotional. At 7:10 PM Bible classes for all ages will be available in their usual classrooms and the auditorium. Watch for an announcement from the education committee about adult class offerings.
Classroom 315/316 is a designated mask-required room and will be used for live streaming services on Sunday at 8:15 AM, 10:30AM, 5:00 PM, and on Wednesday at 7:00 PM services as well as mask-required adult Bible classes on Sunday at 9:30 AM and Wednesday at 7:10 PM. For those who choose this option, consider using the exterior doors next to the elevator to easily access room 315/316 to minimize exposure.
Classroom 317/318 is a designated mask-recommended room and will be used for live streaming services on Sunday at 8:15 AM, 10:30AM, 5:00 PM, and on Wednesday at 7:00 PM services as well as mask-recommended adult classes on Sunday at 9:30 AM and Wednesday at 7:10 PM.
Please consider the following scriptures.
“If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” – Romans 12:18
“Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.” – Romans 12:10
“Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” –
The only entrances to the building that will be open are – doors on the Trousdale side (green doors 4), doors on the north side by the elders’ room (green doors 3), doors in the front of the office under the canopy (green doors 2), the doors on the south side of the main lobby (green doors 1), and the doors beside the elevator (purple doors 2).
To accomplish this schedule of activities in as safe a manner as possible, we are requesting all of our members to give a little and to demonstrate kindness and grace to your brothers and sisters in Christ who have varying but valid views regarding each of these safety measures.
- Everyone who is kindergarten age and above must wear a mask as they enter and move around within the building. Masks will be provided for visitors, but members please provide your own masks. This means masks are always required for everyone in the building with the following four exceptions, which are mask-recommended but not mask-required
- Mask-recommended section of auditorium during worship or Bible class NOTE: this exception does NOT apply during the Sunday morning mask-required worship service
- During mask-recommended adult Bible classes
- Children below kindergarten age
- Bible class teachers who can physically distance at least six feet from their students
- Families may sit together while maintaining six feet of distance from other families. The pews have been marked to assist in this effort. Each pew marker is 2 feet wide, so please leave 6 feet (or 3 empty spaces) between families.
- If you are not feeling well, or if you are aware of a potential exposure to someone who has COVID-19, please join us online.
- Water fountains will remain closed, so bring your own water, if needed.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Sanitizing supplies are available for all classrooms.
- To further combat the spread of the virus, we are investigating an ultraviolet light solution to deactivate viruses and bacteria in the air as they pass through our air conditioning systems in the auditorium.
- We will safely spray a sanitizing mist in the auditorium at appropriate times to deactivate viruses in the air. This sanitizing mist is also used throughout the building to sanitize the air between times we meet.
If you find these arrangements acceptable, please join us for worship and Bible classes. Otherwise, you may join us online for worship services and Bible study until at least the next phase or when the pandemic subsides.
We will not have a combined service on 9/20 as originally planned, but we do intend to have a combined service when the situation allows it.
Please pray about these changes and help us make a smooth transition from the current phase to our next phase in September. Again, we want to see everyone, but we also want everyone to continue to be healthy. Please reserve judgement only on whether you and your family attend, not on others and their decision. We love you all and will continue to try to lead the Lord’s church to the best of our ability according to His will.